Epoxy floor coatings are durable and affordable. They are a perfect solution if you’re looking to cover a concrete surface in a time-effective manner. To get the most benefit from these products, however, it’s important to first prepare the area for treatment. Fortunately, the process is simple and straightforward. Here’s a look at our basic installation process. We think this will help you understand why floor preparation is important.
- Remove all items from the room to be treated. It’s impossible to do a good job while trying to work around table legs, pallets, etc.
- Then the floor needs to be mechanically prepared by either, shot blasting, diamond grinding or scarifying.
- Next the area needs to be thoroughly cleaned and vacuumed.
- Once the floor is clean, then it’s ready to apply the first coat of epoxy.
- Allow the first coat of epoxy to tack over before applying a second coat if applicable.
- Finally, apply a durable urethane topcoat for the best wear protection.
- Mark off the area to prevent anyone from walking on it while it cures.
One way to ensure that you get great results with your new epoxy floor is to trust the work to professionals who have the equipment and experience to the job right. This is where we come into the picture. Contact us today for a free, no-obligation quote.